Born March 4, 1962 at Saint-Leu-la-forêt (Val d’Oise, France)
Married, five children.
Present position: Directrice de recherche at CNRS, Inst. Math Jussieu. From June 1, 2016, Professeur at Collège de France.
1981 Entered École Normale Superieure, Sèvres
1986 PhD thesis (Adviser A. Beauville); permanent research position at CNRS.
- Bronze medal of the CNRS (1988).
- IBM prize for young researchers (1989).
- Prize of the European Mathematical Society (1992).
- Servant prize awarded by the Académie des Sciences de Paris (1996).
- Sophie Germain prize awarded by the Académie des Sciences de Paris (2003).
- Silver medal of the CNRS (2006).
- Foreign member of Istituto Lombardo (Italy, elected 2006).
- Satter Prize awarded by the American Mathematical Society (2007).
- Clay Research Award (2008).
- Member of the Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina (elected 2009).
- Member of the Académie des Sciences (elected 2010).
- Foreign member of the Accademia dei Lincei (elected 2011).
- Honorary member of the London Mathematical Society (elected 2012).
- Member of Academia Europa (elected 2014).
- Heinz Hopf prize 2015 (awarded by ETH Zürich).
- Invited speaker (Algebraic geometry section) of the International congress of Mathematicians (Zürich, 1994).
- Lagrange Chair (Roma, 1996).
- Plenary speaker at the 4th European congress of Mathematics (Stockholm, July 2004): “Recent progresses in Kähler and complex algebraic geometry”.
- Takagi lectures (Kyoto, November 2006): “Some aspects of the Hodge conjecture”.
- Adrian Albert lectures of the University of Chicago (April 2007): “Hodge structures in Kähler and/or algebraic geometry”.
- Clay senior scholar, MSRI 2009.
- Alfred Brauer lectures, UNC, Chapel Hill (February 2009): “Curves and their Jacobians; from canonical syzygies to Hodge theory and algebraic cycles of Jacobians”.
- Plenary speaker at the International congress of Mathematicians (Hyderabad, August 2010): “On the cohomology of algebraic varieties”.
- Rademacher lectures, (University of Pennsylvania, October 2011)
- Hermann Weyl lectures (IAS, Princeton, November 2011).
- Abel lecture, (Oslo, May 2013). “Mixed Hodge structures and the topology of algebraic varieties” (présentation des travaux de Deligne).
- Coxeter lectures, (Fields Institute, November 2013) “Chow rings of Calabi-Yau manifolds”.
- British Mathematical Colloquium, plenary lecture, (Queen Mary University of London, April 2014).
- Distinguished visiting professor, IAS 2014-2015.
- Distinguished lectures, University of Haifa (April 2016).
- Mathematische Zeitschrift (1997-2004).
- Annales de l’ENS (1999-2004).
- Journal of Algebraic Geometry (2004-2007).
- J. Differential Geometry (2004-2007).
- Duke Math. Journal, (1996-2010).
- Journal of the European Math. Society (JEMS) (1998-2014).
Editor of :
- Communications in Contemporary Mathematics since 2007.
- Publications Mathématiques de l’IHES since 2007 (now chef-editor).
- Journal de mathématiques pures et appliquées since 2009.
- Communications in Analysis and Geometry since 2012.
Associate editor of :
- Compositio Mathematica, since 1998.
- Anna Otwinowska, Thesis defended in January 2000: “Groupes de Chow des hypersurfaces et intersections complètes de petit degré”.
- Lorenz Schneider, Thesis defended in December 2001 on the higher Abel-Jacobi invariants defined by M. Green.
- Gianluca Pacienza, Thesis defended in January 2002.
- Catriona Maclean, Thesis defended in April 2003.
- Thomas Dedieu, Thesis defended in November 2008.
- Julien Grivaux, Thesis defended in October 2009.
- François Charles, Thesis defended in April 2010.
- Lie Fu, Thesis defended in October 2013.
- Hsueh-Yung Lin, thesis defended in November 2015.
- René Mboro, thesis started September 2014.
- Ivan Bazhov, thesis started September 2014.